To Our Valued Clients:
In these unprecedented times, please know that we are managing and tending to your case. We remain open for business. We are deeply committed to enforcing your rights.
The circumstances are as follows:
- The Chief Judge of the Circuit Court of Cook County announced on Saturday the closure of the Civil Division through April 15th. No cases will be heard on any routine basis. No matters will go to trial. Most of the outlying suburban courthouses are in a similar mode.
- Most depositions and statements are being cancelled. We are awaiting word on whether the court reporting firms are shutting down. If they do shut down, no depositions or sworn statements will take place for some time.
- It appears that some insurance companies are open. We intend to continue communicating with them as needed.
- We are members of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, and we are communicating on the Listserve with our colleagues about news and sharing thoughts on best practices to ensure that our clients matters are properly maintained during the shutdown.
- Our technology allows our staff to access our database remotely and our phone system is linked to our cell phones. We can and will be able to communicate with you as needed.
- We continue to strategize and implement our plan to do all that we can on our end to bring your case to a successful conclusion.
Please do not hesitate to contact us (312)766-1000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your understanding and patience. And my wish for all of you is to be safe and healthy during this period.